Friday, February 3, 2012

GROUNDHOG DAY

Another really busy day at work yesterday and I ended up falling asleep before I could write my blog. 

I took Joe to the VA Hospital and he went to see if his doctor could see him to evaluate what is going on with his wrist.  He doesn't know what he did to his right wrist, but the bone is sticking out and his hand and part of his arm are swollen.  He says it is very painful.  The doctor would not see him because he didn't have an appointment.  He was told to go see the nurse.  We went to the place to make an appointment to see the nurse.  They took his information then told us to have a seat.  We waited and waited.  A guy came in from seeing the nurse and was all upset because he was there thinking he had pneumonia and she wanted to give him a shot for Hepititis B.   He didn't have hepititis.  Joe looked at me and said "We're out of here."

We went home and Joe called our primary doctor.  He was told the doctor did not have time to see him and just go to the emergency room.  Joe said that it cost $200 on our insurance to go there and asked if he could just have a referral to get an x-ray.  The nurse said no, he couldn't do that.  So Joe hung up.

I was angry.  I went to work, but was still upset about this.  So I called my insurance company and told them what happened and asked to change doctors.  We are now going to go to a doctor who is two blocks from our house.  I won't have to take time off from work to drive Joe there, he can walk it.  He has been to this doctor before and says he is good.  He is calling to make an appointment to see him this morning.  I am not staying with a doctor who won't even see you when you are sick or injured.

Enough of my ranting.  Just had to get that out.

So yesterday was Groundhog Day and Phil saw his shadow.  Six more weeks of winter, even though it's been feeling like spring around these parts.  Cold today though.  Here is the link to Phil's exploits.  The poor groundhog looks so scared with all those cameras flashing at him.  How could he help but see his shadow with those bright lights?

Have a good day everyone.  I'll be posting a Friday View when I get home from work.

4 comments:

  1. How terrible that you all are having so much trouble with doctors and insurance. Good healthcare is so hard to find these days. I hope Joe gets some relief & a good opinion of the problem soon!

    I always feel sorry for poor Phil & I don't even like rodents!!! If we have 6 more weeks of winter like we are currently having I won't mid it to bad anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Joe's frustration with trying to get his wrist looked at. I can totally sympathize. As far as the groundhog goes...yes, he must be so scared seeing all those people and the lights. I wonder if we are going to get any more snow???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right to change doctors!!

    Hope he got an appointment and some real medical help!

    I do not have insurance so I am especially grateful to be in fairly good health.

    LD has had excellent medical care and we are so thankful for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to find a good doctor these days.I can understand the frustration. I pray Joe gets the help he needs.
    As for poor Phil,I can't help thinking how I'd feel being pulled
    awake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.