Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vacation Day

I had trouble getting and staying on the internet last night.  I had trouble once I was on with writing and saving my blog.  So this is actually yesterday's post.  I had it almost finished and this morning there is only one paragraph saved.  I'm frustrated, but hopefully I can finish it now.

I am so glad I took today off as a vacation day.  I really struggled with it because I was leaving Diane as the only LA until Marquita came in at 3 p.m., but it was such a nice day.  It was chilly this morning but by early this afternoon it had warmed up and was the perfect day.


Elaine and I started out at Wal-Mart.  I got just about all my gifts bought.  I am SO glad.  I am really short of money so we ended up hitting all the clearance racks.  There were some nice things there!  And why not get them for 40% off.  Even though not all of my gifts were clearance, I did really well and got some cute stuff.


Next we went to Dollar Tree.  I was able to get a lot of stocking stuffers and a few other gifts.


We ended up at Rite Aid.  More cute stuff and most of it was 50% off.  I have a Wellness Card which gives me another 10% off.  Elaine, being from out of state, didn't have a card, so she was able to use mine.  I got the points and she saved 10%.  Win-win.  

Now I have all those gifts to wrap!  Right now everything is dumped into this huge box in the dining room.  I want to get everything under the tree so I can get rid of the box and clean up.


At least the tree is up and finished.  I told you I would show you a picture of the tree when it was done.  First, here the tree from the Christmas Mouse in Williamsburg, VA that was my inspiration:


And here's my tree:



I couldn't find lavendar, but the wine colored ornaments are beautiful too.  I love it.


Here's me and Joe:


And me and Elaine:


Bad picture of us, but the only one I got.  I have my wreath on the front door, the one I made the day I got home from the hospital last year.  The gold "berries" are jingle bells.


Finally it was time for Elaine to leave.  She had dinner, spent the night and is spending Tuesday with our friend Marion.  Wednesday with her friend Donna.  Then Thursday it's home.  I miss her already.  But at least we will see each other in a couple of weeks at Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. What a nice job on your tree!!!
    It looks just like the one at the Christmas Mouse.

    I'm happy that you took the day off with your sister. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not exactly, Christine, but it's really nice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are GORGEOUS! I think the tree turned out really well & I love the angel in your window.

    It sounds like you had a really great visit... & some super buys!

    I love Elaine's shirt 'It's ok to say Merry Christmas'. My sentiments exactly!

    Merry Christmas! from me & Santa Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree came out really nice. I think it looks better than the one at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.