Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Sights of Christmas

You will be getting two posts today.  I was going to post this last night, but fell asleep before I did.  So consider this the Friday night post.

First, let me show you some pictures from the Wednesday party at work.  I didn't really take a lot.  First, here's one of my former supervisor Donna.  It was great to see her again.



And, of course, Joe and Marquita had to show off for the camera.


I worked at the Fishtown Branch yesterday.  It was very quiet.  At one point no one but staff was in there for about an hour and a half.  I guess everyone was out doing their Christmas stuff.  But around noon it picked up.  I went to Dunkin' Donuts for lunch and got a breakfast sandwich and some donuts for dessert for dinner.   
  
When I got back from lunch I found out that the mayor and city council had decided to close the city early today, so instead of 5:00 I got out at 3:00!  I was able to go to the post office and mail the end of my cards, and then to the ATM machine and get out some money for the week (pay day today!).  But when I got home I was so tired and just fell right to sleep.  I woke up with lots of people calling tonight.  And it's a good thing too because we hadn't had dinner!


While I was walking around at lunch time I took some pictures.  Then more on the way home and still more when Joe and I went out tonight.  Finally some are from around the house.  Please enjoy the sights of a Philly Christmas.



The Advent Candle gets shorter each day.













Santa's on top of the furniture store waving to all the traffic.  I  couldn't get the front of him but he's really cute.








This "tree" was actually hanging from the end of a crane at a construction site.  Christmas is celebrated everywhere.

The true meaning of Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. The dinner sounds delicious! I love lasagna! It's a shame you forgot your medicine & I pray you will be ok. As usual the pictures of the lights are great! I love the concept of the tree on a crane!
    just proves anything can be decorated.
    I hope everyone there had a happy & fun holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.