Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Shrinking Advent Candle

Remember the Advent candle I bought?  


It was so tall and beautiful and had so many lovely days in it to burn.  Well we have been having devotions each evening and burning it down one day.  It got shorter.


And shorter...

Tonight I realized that half of the candle doesn't exist anymore.  I can't believe Christmas is so close and I don't have half the things done that I need to do.  I just have no time.  Oh why did I agree to work overtime the two weeks before Christmas?

I know I will get things done.  I just panic when it's this close.

I had to take Joe to the VA Hospital for a doctor appointment today.  Then he had to get blood work done, so I was 2 1/2 hours late getting to work.  Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment for this bad tooth of mine.  More time off.  My boss is very understanding, but I'm falling so far behind in all the work.  Sigh.  It just never ends.

4 comments:

  1. I am not about to say 'Don't panic!' as we all do it around the holidays. Whether it's food prep, shopping. cleaning whatever we feel it MUST get done! Stop a minute...take a breath... Now start over. Ok, dust & vacuum to be ready for guests but most of the rest? Not earth shaking.

    True, my husband & I have no children (but 3 dogs & 1 cat) but we made a decision to give memories by seeing light displays, taking walks in the neighborhood, etc. (We get to hold hands which is one of my favorite things!)

    Shopping? His family is in upstate Pa so we do Swiss Colony catalog. Very low stress.

    So take a moment to have a cup of tea or cocoa & remember the story of Mary & Martha. Jesus did not say not to do the house stuff, but that spending time with him (and friends and family) is of more value. Take another sip & relax...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I am not stressed about it. But if I am having 30 people over next week I have to have food prepared and a place for them to sit. It will get done. I just don't know WHEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that advent candle for your devotions time...that's really neat..I've never seen anything like that before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for your Advent candle.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.