Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Views



I had off from work today since I am working tomorrow.  I did so much running around that I think I have to go back to work tomorrow just to get some rest!  Poor Joe, I made him run around with me.  We dropped two big bags of clothes off at Salvation Army.  I'm glad to get them out of the house.

We saw a man on the corner selling flowers and I got 10 roses for $6.  I always like to help the street venders out rather than buy flowers from the supermarket.  They are beautiful and much cheaper than I could have gotten elsewhere.



Then we went to the post office and ended up at Shop Rite.  While in Shop Rite we got separated and couldn't find each other.  So I checked out and left a message on Joe's cell phone that I would wait for him at the front of the store.  But he never got the message.  It just happened that I walked toward the front door and he was checking out at another register.  Whew!

We were leaving when I saw my friend Ada walking through the parking lot.  She was going to catch a bus to go home, so I drove her there instead.  Then we went to Sonic for lunch.  Love their burgers. 

After that it was home again to do a marathon cleaning, cooking and decorating for company tonight.  Joe wanted to put up the tree, so we did.  I partially decorated it (still more ornaments to put on) and it looks beautiful.  I will definitely be posting pictures when I am finished.


I made a turkey dinner.  I have never cooked turkey before so I was a little nervous about it.  I put it in one of those roasting bags and flavored it with onion and orange, sprinkled with sage, poultry seasoning and thyme.  My oh my it was so good.  And I don't like turkey.  I made mashed potatoes, gravy, buttered corn, green bean casserole, and put out cranberry sauce (it's not real cranberry sauce if it's not shaped like a can!).


So now everyone has left, the food is put away, the dishwasher is running and it's time to go to bed to get ready for tomorrow.  But first a Friday view.


Have you ever seen an Advent candle?  I have had several in the past, but haven't seen one in a long time.  When I was in Lancaster County the last time I found one.  We light it each night, read an Advent devotion and then blow it out.  There are numbers on the side of the candle leading from December 1 up to Christmas.  You burn down to the date each day.  So the closer you get to Christmas, the shorter the candle gets.







2 comments:

  1. That must have been a little scary 'losing' Joe! Glad you guys met up. With the holday season, crowds can be a mess.

    The roses are beautiful. I agree about supporting smaller vendors. Russ especially tries to keep shopping local. I am glad your turkey turned out well. It made me hungry just reading about it! I agree about the cranberry sauce. It's all about the can! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your dinner turned out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.