Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve


The day has finally arrived.  And it is a day I won't soon forget.  Everything seemed to go wrong.  We wanted to leave around 3:30 p.m. for the 2 hour drive to my sister's house.  We ended up leaving at 5:30 p.m.  There was construction the way we usually go and so I went the long way that I haven't used in years.  That turned out to be a very long, very winding, very dark road.  I almost made the wrong turn twice, but finally found Route 10  and we made it.

Elaine had lasagna, garlic bread and a salad for dinner.  Everything was very good.  After dinner I went to take my medicine and found I had left all of my medication at home.  I also left some of my clothing, some of the gifts and the cake I baked for dessert for Christmas dinner.  Joe left his watch and some of his other things also.  We called around trying to get a pharmacy to give me an emergency supply of medicine for three days, but because I get it mail order, they couldn't help me.  Some of the medicine I take Joe also takes and he had his supply here, so I am sharing some of them with him, but not all.  I am praying very hard that I don't have any difficulty.  One of the medicines I am missing is my heart medicine.

We went to the 11:00 p.m. service at Elaine's church.  It was very beautiful.  We had gotten here too late to go to the 7:00 p.m. service.  At the end of the service everyone stands in a circle around the sanctuary and is holding a lit candle.  All the lights are turned off and we all sing "Silent Night."  So nice.  I look forward to it every year.

We were supposed to bring our cot with us, but didn't have room for it in the car.  So I am in the single bed in the guest room and Joe is sleeping on the floor.  He is snoring, so I know he will be OK for the night.

It is almost 2:00 a.m. so I must end and get some sleep.  Breakfast, church and then opening gifts tomorrow.  Till then.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My, Kathy!
    How are you feeling? No meds?!
    Even with the glitch, it sounds like you will have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.