Wednesday, November 16, 2011

UPDATE

Sorry, friends, that I wasn't able to give you an update yesterday.  This will be short and sweet since I am at work.

The barium test (Upper G.I.) went OK.  Of course the pina colada flavored drink was so yummy.  NOT!  The doctor and nurse were super.  I was able to see the screen during part of the test and everything is where it should be and functioning well.  I had to swallow this large pill that they followed to see how big the opening to the stomach was and it was able to fit through, so they were very happy with that.

So the result is that although my stomach is much smaller than a normal stomach (they gave me only one container of barium to drink instead of two), and where the doctor wrapped the stomach around the esophogus it's a little tight, everything is OK.

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.  More when I get home tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that everything was where it's supposed to be on your test.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.