Wednesday, November 23, 2011

'Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving






The last day of work before the Thanksgiving holiday.  It was so dead in the library.  Almost no one came in.  Mostly it was people who had to have their video fix and couldn't stand to be without a movie for two days.  I just don't understand them.  There is so much more to life than movies!

We got an email around noon time that the mayor had closed the city offices early at 3:00 p.m.  So we had to put up signs on the front door and we got to go home.  Woo hoo!  People were still coming in angry that we were leaving early.  One little girl was yelling because she wanted to spend the afternoon on the computer.  "It's not fair!" she said.  Sheila, our children's librarian, asked if she got out of school early today.  "Yes," said Ciara.  "But you're adults.  You shouldn't have any time off."  The best was the lady that came in just as we were putting on our coats and turning off the computers.  She was ANGRY.  She threw her book at me and tried to punch Diane because she couldn't get a movie and we wouldn't be open again until Saturday.  Get a life already.

But a lot of the day was good.  My boss brought in warm soft pretzels for us.  There was a guy from Staples who came to get the calendars I was sending back (I ordered the wrong thing) when I thought I had to mail them.  A lot of little kids were in with their parents and wished us all a Happy Thanksgiving.  So that sort of made up for the crazy people that came in.

Since I got out of work early I was able to run to the farm and pick up the pies and cake that Joe had ordered and paid for a couple of Saturdays ago.  The farm was all decorated for Christmas and so pretty.  I tried to take some pictures, but it was pouring and the batteries on my camera were low, so they didn't turn out.  I'm sure they will still be there next week and I can get some then.  Even though the CSA is over, the farmer's market still runs for another few weeks.

When I got home I was so tired I laid down and slept for about 3 hours.  I knew I was tired, but I didn't know I was THAT tired.  I guess I must have needed it though, or I wouldn't have slept like that.

I still have lots to do tonight.  So Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I will be checking in tomorrow.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Shew, at least the good people in this life balance out the crazy! Sorry you have to deal with such morons. People just don't think these days!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving friend to you & yours. Hope you have a very blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanks giving! See youy and Joe at Elain's. Be careful driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting that people do not see those in the service industries as having the same opportunities (to leave early)as others? But I do treasure those bright spots (people?) that God sends to encourage us.

    The pictures of your 'haul' from the farm will be missed. They are always so beautiful! Guess they'll be back in the spring...

    Happy Turkey Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.