Monday, November 14, 2011

MONDAY, MONDAY

I can't say it was a busy day at work, but it was steady.  Each morning I plan what I want to accomplish that day, but rarely get everything done.  Today was no exception.  I still have two piles of books on my desk and a half-finished supply order waiting for me tomorrow.  Also my cell phone because I had it on my desk and ran out the door without it.  Oh well.

Mr. Dudlik, one of our older patrons brought us donuts.  He does this about every three weeks and has done so, so I am told, for many years.  We would do anything for him.  Not just for the donuts, but because he is such a nice man.  Then later on Donna, my former supervisor, came in for a visit and brought us cupcakes.  We were so sugared out!  Because you know we had to eat both.  (ha, ha)

There is a water leak somewhere in our basement.  Work, not home.  The water department was out and looking around.  It appears that something broke in the street and is leaking through the wall into the building.  For awhile we thought we would have to close down.

Joe came to the library tonight.  He had the car today and had to come pick me up.  He got to meet Sheila, our new librarian, and Walt, our new guard.  He asked me to drive home because he was getting really tired.  I put my things in the back seat and turned around to get into the driver's seat.  I looked up and this is what I saw.



It was breathtaking.  I grabbed my camera and took this picture.  I turned around, got in the car and showed it to Joe.  He turned around, looked out the rear window and told me to look now.  It was even more beautiful.  I took the second picture through the rear-view mirror.  That's why the buildings are backwards.  But you can see the sunset and the skyscrapers lit up.


God made such a beautiful world.  I love sunrises and sunsets.

Tomorrow morning I have my upper GI test to see if my surgery took.  I am very nervous about this.  It is not a hard test and certainly not painful, but I am so scared that I will have to have more surgery.  But I am trusting that whatever the outcome God is in control.  More on this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures! The first picture is what I saw out my back door as I made dinner. It filled me with awe at what the Lord created.

    It is really a blessing to have people like your patron in our lives. There is a volunteer who brings bagels & cream cheese every Tuesday.
    I will pray for you & the test results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post with SUCH lovely pics!!
    Hope all goes well with your testing. Routine days are really special days, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.