Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today Joe and I made our annual Thanksgiving trek to my sister Elaine's house.  She hosts Thanksgiving dinner every year.  Last year I was too ill to go.  But this year I made it there.

It's a 2 hour drive to my sister's house.  We left around 11:30.  We hit a lot of traffic, but after that let up we made good time.  As we are driving we get a call from my friend, Marion, who tells us that Route 183 is closed and tells us how to take a detour to get there.  But we end up going the wrong way.  Joe plugged in our GPS and I turn around in a parking lot.  As soon as I saw the next intersection, I knew where I was and it took only a few minutes to get there.

I wish I had taken a picture of the front of her house.  It was so pretty.  Of course everyone was there by the time we showed up.

Elaine always decorates her house so beautifully no matter what time of year it is.




Here's me and Marion.  We've been friends since elementary school.

The table had all its leaves in and was a little tight in the dining room.  The "guys" decided to move it out a little so people could get to the seats by the window.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry.




The group at the table.  Elaine took the picture, so she is not in it.


My brother Larry in his famous Thanksgiving pose.  (It's become a tradition.)


Marion and her husband Rich:


Larry and Elaine's friend Frank:


My beautiful sister Elaine:


Joe, my sister-in-law Kim (Larry's wife) and Kim's mother Marilyn.  Why are they looking so solemn?  I think they are just busy eating.



All the pies on the table reminded me of Sunday's Pie and Praise!


Besides it being Thanksgiving, it was also Rich's birthday!  Marion brought a cake and we all sang to him.  Then he blew out the candle.




We left around 7 p.m. and got home around 9 p.m.  I had a wonderful time.  It was good to see everyone, but also good to get home.


Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.