Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

My front window.
Sorry this post is late, but I couldn't get attached to the internet last night.  I tried for two hours and nothing.  I guess it was too busy.

We had a fun day at work.  Everyone was laughing almost the whole day.  Things go faster when it's that kind of a day.  And I got a lot done too, so that was good.  Here are the LEAP ("LEarn And Play") leader Joan, the adult librarian and Branch Head Jerry and the Children's Librarian Sheila.  They are the ones that had me laughing so much.


Jerry kept saying he was the "cat in the hat with bad teeth."  (The teeth were fake by the way.)

Our volunteer, Tom, came dressed as a gangster.

Marquita, our part timer, had the best costume.  She was an M&M.
 
Roman, one of our Tech Teens, came to work as a zombie.


Diane and I both just wore Halloween shirts.  It's too hard to do our job all day in costume.


One of our older patrons came in and gave all the employees a little bag with a Milky Way bar.  So nice of her.

I got a pizza on the way home because I knew we wouldn't have time to cook a dinner and eat.  And I was right.  The kids were out and about as I was driving home.

Even though it was COLD we sat outside with the neighbors for about 2 hours to hand out the candy.

Little Cara down the street was Tinkerbell.  She was more interested in taking her candy in and out of her pumpkin than anything else.

Joey and his father, Tom, carved a great pumpkin.  It must have taken a lot of work.

 
 The houses were all decorated so nicely.  



I didn't get as many decorations up as I would have liked.  But too late now.  I will start on decorating for Thanksgiving today.  My work schedule and feeling sad so much gets in the way of my doing what I really want to do.  (My brother found my mom's dead body on Halloween 6 years ago, so it's not a good time of year for us.)  But I am going to make a real effort for the rest of the year.  I always feel that when I close the door on the last kid on Halloween the holiday season begins.

So if you see a little one block long street hidden away in the northeast neighborhoods in Philadelphia, know that it's a nice place to be and be sure you don't...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I know about trying to cook on a night like that. I made Tuna Helper.

    I LOVED the ending of 'stay away'. Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to November!
    I could hear that door close.

    You have a beautiful Library, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the cat shirt. I want one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.