Sunday, November 6, 2011

A LAZY SUNDAY

Did everyone remember to change the time on their clocks?  I remembered, but didn't do it.  I went by the time on my cell phone and the TV which changes automatically.  I changed the other clocks later today.

We had a super message at church this morning on 2 Corinthians 4:7-18.  It was on how we are clay vessels in the hands of the master potter, God.  Clay vessels are easily broken and when they are what is inside is shown to the world.  Our bodies get broken and then what is inside of us comes out -- either good or bad.  There was much, much more, but what a good message it was.

My back was doing pretty good until I spent a lot of time sitting in the pew this morning.  The rest of today I have been wrestling with the pain.  (Guess I have a broken clay vessel -- ha, ha!).  I laid down on the sofa to try to ease the pain and the next thing I knew it was 2 hours later.  My, oh my!  I didn't even think I was tired.

I made Tandori chicken for dinner.  I don't have a tandori pot, but I had an envelope of the seasoning mix and it was done in the oven.  It turned out wonderful.  I am definitely buying that again.  I had a lot of rice left over, so we will have fried rice this week.  We have a very international menu in this house.

Joe is leading the first meeting of the Senior Citizens Club at church tomorrow morning.  I volunteered to make snacks each week for them.  So after dinner I made some cranberry muffins.  They smell really good.  I hope there are some left over for me to have for breakfast on Tuesday.  I think there will be because as far as I know only one person has committed to coming tomorrow.  We'll see how this works out.  It may be a few weeks until word gets around and more people show up.

That's it for this lazy day.  Wish I could take a nap every day.  Oh well, it is a short week for me with having off Veteran's Day on Friday.  Hurray!  I have a three day weekend coming up.  I'm looking forward to this even though the week is just starting.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you needed a nap!
    Remember Kindergarden when it was required to take a nap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an awesome sermon at church this Sunday! We had a good one as well. I hear ya about taking a nap...it seems now that every Sunday, I have been being so lazy. We go to church, come home, eat lunch and I tend to end up on the couch all day...and I am not even that sorry about it! hahaha! oh well, we gotta rest some time! Do you watch the Steelers? Too bad we lost last night. What a rough game! I couldn't really stay awake though...I tried..it ended around midnight I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't naps wonderful? God knew what he was doing to create this day of rest.

    I love hearing about your cooking! Mine is varied as well but not from 'scratch'. I make a few one pan meals in between the full (meat, veg & starch) meals. Recently I purchased a six pack of meatloaf patties. I made 3 a la parmesan then 3 with beef gravy & noodles. Russ loved both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.