Monday, October 24, 2011

THE GARDEN

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday.  It was church all morning and laundry all afternoon.  Plus I took a nap.  There's nothing better than a Sunday afternoon nap.

I wanted to show you the pictures I took on Saturday.  Here is the garden all set for the winter.


Everything is cut back, cut down and put away.  Sigh.  I didn't get to spend as much time outside as I would have liked, but it was a good summer.

At least some of the flowers are still blooming.  My pansies are still pretty even if they are a little leggy.

 
I brought in the last of the roses.  They are so pretty.  I put them on the dining room table, though I might move them to the kitchen since we eat there more than anyplace else and I would get to see them more.





And finally, though not in the garden, the flower pot in front of the house has a new fall look.

 

3 comments:

  1. It all looks very nice :-) Color in the yard is so relaxing. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think of fall as a sad time. I see it more as settling in
    for a long nap; snuggle time, if you will. The pristine crystal of ice & dancing snowflakes are the images in our dreams.....

    Your roses are gorgeous!!! Your pix are always super! The Sunday nap is somewhat of a ritual at our house. If I am not on the computer, two of our dogs (Crystal & Bridget) look forward to it. A 'puppy nap' is a big deal to them. I get looks if I don't head for the stairs after lunch!
    Ha HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe summer is already over isn't it? Your garden looks good-ready for colder weather. BTW, Sunday naps are my FAVORITE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.