Saturday, October 29, 2011

SNOW!

My plans for the day have changed.  See what it's doing here.


Does this look like Halloween weather?


It looks more like Thanksgiving to me.


So instead of running around doing errands, I have a load of wash in and am making a pear cake.  I got the recipe from Linda at Linda's Life Journal.  She has a really wonderful blog.  The recipe is right here.  It is smelling wonderful.  And I used up a bunch of my pears that were starting to go bad.  There is still one for me to eat raw though.  ; )

I decided to make my Irish stew for dinner.  It's just that kind of a day.

And it was chilly in here, so I put some of the storm windows in (will be finishing that up soon) and turned on the heater.  It's so cozy.


Now I just have to get to my cleaning.  There's always a lot of that to do.  Hope you are staying warm and eating well too.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness!! This is an EARLY snow! Even for YOUR neck of the woods!! I was so surprised as I read this blog post to see you were baking a pear cake! From 'MY' recipe!! Hope it is delicious!

    I am enjoying our friendship via the blog world. I 'meet' the nicest people......like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wasn't that snow something? Who'd have thought it coming in
    October? I can picture you in the kitchen....cause that is where I would be! When it's cold (& damp) I love making stews & biscuits. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.