Monday, October 17, 2011

DAY TWO IS DONE

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday.  I was just so very tired when I got home from work.  But day two of my seven week stretch is done.  It wasn't as bad as I expected.  I was working with a lady from the Library for the Blind and it was fun meeting someone new.  It was also great talking with some of my former co-workers.  Connie was hired the same day I was and was promoted to LA2 the same day I was also.  So we were commiserating with each other about the change in our jobs and looking forward to retirement.  Sometimes I think I am just wishing my life away.

There are so many people I owe phone calls to and it just never happens. I come home, make dinner and fall asleep.  So if I owe you a call, please do not take it personally.  I just can't help it.  I will get to you soon, I promise!

Last night I had roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner.  It was an easy meal and turned out so good.  The night before I made a salad with a lot of the veggies from the farm that I have to use up.  Joe said it was one of the best salads ever, so I think I will try to recreate it for dinner tonight along with fried eggplant.  There is no sense in getting all this great food and letting it rot in the fridge.  Right?  Right!

Yesterday would have been my mom's 80th birthday.  I have been sort of sad, wishing she was still here and I could have celebrated such a wonderful milestone with her.  But I know she is so much better off where she is with Jesus and I wouldn't wish her back to this earth for anything.  To read the tribute I gave to my mom on Mother's Day, click here.

Well, it's off to another day of work.  I've been running late last week, so I want to make sure I am on time today.  Let's see what day three brings.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand you being tired at the end of your day. When you described your 'day' in a previous post,I'd be surprised if you weren't tired! Talking with a co-worker going through the same thing seems to help.
    Having met your mother,I agree she was an incredible lady. I have a fabric book cover she made & consider it one of my treasures.
    It is great when you find a recipe that your husband loves & is so easy & quick to make. Russ loves a recipe I found on the back of Lipton Spanish Rice side dish. It's browned ground beef, Lipton Rice pkg & one can whole kernel corn (do not drain) & shredded cheese. All in one pan!
    In the meantime: Do what you can,where you are with what you have...Franklin D Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shew you are one busy lady!
    I'm so sorry you have been a bit sad. It's always heartbreaking to think of those they love & all that we have missed sharing with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.