Sunday, October 9, 2011

COMMUNITY SPONSORED AGRICULTURE -- WEEK #20

It was an interesting visit to the farm yesterday.  I had to work and since Joe has had seizures less than a month ago he cannot drive.  We thought about asking our friend Carole to help us out, but she had just driven me back and forth to the garage the day before and we didn't want to take advantage of her.  So I took a noon lunch and drove from work to the farm then.  Fortunately, the farm is only about a mile from work so it took no time to get there.


We got:
     4 North Spy apples (I've never heard of these)
     2 lbs Bosc pears
     1 head curly endive
     1 head romaine lettuce
     1 bunch beets
     1 bunch radishes
     2 lbs sweet potatoes
     1 bunch parsley (although I think I may have picked up cilantro by mistake)
     1 dozen eggs
     1/2 lb. herbed cheese (I forget exactly what kind)
     $5 in Greensgrow bucks

With the $5 I bought some red onions, some mushrooms and 3 little white pumpkins.

It was really hard to handle it all by myself.  I had a bag with a long handle slung over one shoulder and a thermal bag in my hand along with my purse.  After a few minutes the bags got really heavy.  Almost everyone comes with someone and there is a reason!  But I managed.

When I got back in the car I saw it was still pretty early, so I called Joe and told him I would drop everything off at home, but I wouldn't have time to come in, so please meet me at the door.  He did and then I ran back to work and got there just in time to get back on the desk.  So I ended up eating something at 2 p.m.  It wasn't the ideal situation, but it worked.

Every three months we have to change our computer passwords.  So yesterday was the day for me.  I am so tired of making up passwords.  There are only so many combinations in my head.  So I changed it and made sure it worked.  Later in the day I had logged off of the desk computer and had to go on the one in the workroom.  Wouldn't you know I could NOT remember my new password.  I tried it this way, that way, caps, lower case, numbers in the beginning, numbers at the end.  Nothing worked.  I had all this computer work to do and I couldn't get on the computer.  So I ended up calling the help desk for a call back on Tuesday and shelving all my books.  (Well, that had to get done anyway.)  At the end of the day I am putting the bank deposit together and all of a sudden the password comes into my mind.  Too late now!  But at least I know it now.  It's never easy for me.

Because I was the senior branch person there yesterday I had to open up, turn off the alarm, set everything up, close and then reopen the drop box, and relock everything at the end of the day.  It was the first time I had done it on my own.  Fortunately Diane was also there and was able to help me.  The alarm did not go off and the police did not come, so that was a good thing.

Joe was running an update on the computer last night so this is the first I've been able to post.  I have to get off of here, get ready for church and then go to work this afternoon.  We need the money, but I'm sort of sorry I signed up for so many Sundays.  I could really use the day off.  Oh, well, I have off tomorrow for Columbus Day.

3 comments:

  1. I admire your ambition.
    And I hate changing passwords also.
    I have come up with three passwords that I interchange in rotation. Could you try that?

    Your market trips are always so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not you,passwords are pain. Then the techs complicate it by telling you to combine numbers, capitals etc....ugh! One tech told me he chose a word like 'sheep' then used sheep1 for January, sheep2 for February etc. It sounded dumb,but I tried it & it works! (Of course the first letter is
    capitlized.)
    Looks like the farm had a good haul for you. I am glad you were able to make it during your lunch. Saturday I was up to my elbows bathing Crystal & Dallas! Ha Ha! Bathing dogs is no joke! Hope you enjoy your Monday off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christine, I wish I could have rotating passwords, but each time they have to be completely different. And we change every three months. *Sigh*

    @Deb, same as I told Christine. You can't just change the number after the word, it has to be all new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.