Wednesday, October 12, 2011

APPLE PIE

I had so many apples from the farm co-op we belong to.  I decided to use them up I would make an apple pie.  I heard that putting various types of apples in one pie makes it extra good, so I put in what I had:  Red Delicious, Fuji, and Northern Spy.


I cut the apples into chunks and put them into the pie crust.  Then I added my sugar (in my case Splenda so that Joe could eat it), butter, cinnamon and flour.


Next I put on the top crust and put it into the oven.


Doesn't it look good?  It really is.  It turned out to be one of the best apple pies I have made.  There's not much left of it.  Since Joe used to be a baker when he likes it, I know it's good.

Believe it or not I got the recipe from the bottom of my pie dish.  It's a no-fail recipe.

Apple Pie
6 cups diced apples
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 nine-inch pastry shells
Prepare pastry and slice apples.  Combine sugar, cinnamon and flour.  Arrange apples in layers.  (Sprinkle each layer with sugar mixture.)  Dot each layer with small pieces of butter.  Cover with top crust.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.  Reduce to 350 degrees.  Bake 30 minutes longer.

Now I have to figure out what to make with all of my pears!  Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I have apples!! And I will use splenda as well since LD is diabetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. It sure looks good.

    I have eaten pear bread and it tastes good. You could Google Pear bread if that sounds good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks sooooooooo delicious!
    It's making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.