Saturday, October 15, 2011

ANOTHER WORKING SATURDAY

Day one of my seven day stretch is under my belt.  I'm so tired already I don't know how I am going to make it through a whole week.  And on my days off there is always so much to do.  *Sigh*  I don't mean to complain.  I really am very thankful that I have a job to go to when so many people today do not.  I'm just tired.

I went to the farm at lunch time today.  It wasn't our week to pick up, but there were a few things I wanted to get.  One of the things was purple cauliflower, but when I got there they had sold out.  Oh well.  I still picked up some other things.  I just cannot go there and see all the great produce and not get something.


I needed some potatoes (I'm almost out) so got them.  I was down to one shallot, so got them too.  The eggplants looked good even though they were kind of little.  So I got two.  But most importantly, I got two Asian Pears.  I love Asian Pears and the only place I can find to buy them is the farm.  They look like an apple, but taste like a sweet pear.  So good!  That was the main reason I went.

After work I stopped off at Fashion Bug.  They were having a sale and by using my card I got an additional 10% off.  Since I lost so much weight before and after my surgery last year a lot of my clothes are too big for me.  I got a pair of jeans and a pair of black pants for $47.  Now I have to get the old stuff to Salvation Army this week.

1 comment:

  1. I understand why you are so tired. Working seven days straingt is hard.
    Nice bounty! Never had an Asian Pear, sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.