Friday, September 30, 2011

THE THURSDAY GARDEN

Our yard guy Frank came over the other day and cut the grass for us.  Our yard looks so much better now.  He also planted two mums and a bunch of tulip and daffodil bulbs for me.  When I came home from work I went out to see things.  How beautiful everything is.  I thought I'd share some of it with you.


Look what I found on my parsley leaves!  I thought it was too late in the year for caterpillars.  Joe thinks it is a monarch butterfly caterpillar.  I have to go out this weekend and take another look to see if it is still there.  We have a huge nest of spiders in the hydrangea and I don't want them to get it.


 My one mum is huge!  And beautiful.  The other ones, not so much.  Again, I have to go check to see how they are doing.


 I still have roses.  Lots of them.  I love that I have roses in the yard most of the year.  I love roses.


 I want to cut some to bring into the house this weekend.


And my coleus is still beautiful.  I love having a container of coleus each year.  I want to have more next year.

===============================================
I got a book out of the library that is so cute.  I wanted to share with you some of Winnie-the-Pooh's wisdom.

Pooh's Thought for the Day:
Allow enough time for a morning wash!


     Roo was washing his face and paws in the stream, while Kanga explained to everybody proudly that this was the first time he had ever washed his face himself, and Owl was telling Kanga an Interesting Anecdote full of long words like Encyclopaedia and Rhododendron to which Kanga wasn't listening.
     "I don't hold with all this washing," grumbled Eeyore.  "This modern Behind-the-ears nonsense.  What do you think Pooh?"



1 comment:

  1. I like that gardens always have a little surprise waiting for us to find. Good find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.