Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE SATURDAY GARDEN

This morning we got a call from our gardener, Frank, who wanted to know if this was a good day to come over and do the lawn.  Of course I said, "Yes!"  I had been planning on doing it myself later today and it's often too much for me these days.  So having him do it was a godsend.


He does a good job even if he is a "ham".


My garden came through the hurricane just fine.  Here are the impatients....

...and vinca and lambs ears.


Even the cat statue is back in place.

We have wild morning glory growing.  Even though it is invasive, it is pretty.  We have both pink and blue.  I was able to only get the pink before they all started closing up.

The parsley, rosemary and chives in my earthbox are doing great.

All of my rose bushes are still blooming.  Some have only buds on them, but they will bloom in a few days.  Wonderful!





Look who's peeking out from behind the watering can.  It's Mr. Frog!


We did a lot of work and the yard looks great.  There is still a lot more to do though.  Maybe I can get the rest done before I go back to work on Tuesday.  I'll see how it goes.



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden! I love all your flowers and herbs! Glad you suffered no damage from the storms....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a poison that only killed Morning Glorys (sp?). I have them in my yard and while they do look nice they take over everything if I don't keep on top of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.