Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'M RUNNING FOR MY LIFE

It seems that all I've done today is run from one thing to another.  I got up early to get some wash done and the house cleaned.  Well, I got the wash done.  Our clothes dryer is broken and so I hung the load outside and started another one.  It was still running when we had to leave.


We went to Andy and Nancy's Deli to have lunch.  But they weren't open.  It seems there was a power outage.  So we ended up going to the Aramingo Diner instead.


After we ate we headed to the VA Hospital for Joe's doctor appointment.  His appointment was at 3:30 p.m.  We got there at 3:00 p.m.  The doctor didn't see us until 4:20 p.m.  Oh yes.  Then we were in there until 5:15 p.m.  Afterwards we had to go to the pharmacy and get his medicine.  So we didn't leave there until 6:30 p.m.


Next we had to go to Shop Rite to get some water and snacks for our trip.  And also to switch some money in accounts so we could pay for the hotel.  We kept seeing other things that we needed, so that ended up taking a long time too.  We got home about 7:45 p.m.


I took down the dried clothes from the back yard, and hung up the second load while starting a third load.  I know it sounds like a lot of clothing, but we have an apartment sized washer (it's the only size that will fit in our house with the very narrow doorways).  By this time we realize the clothes will not dry in time for us to take them with us tomorrow.  So after making and eating dinner (and getting numerous phone calls) we head to the laundromat at 10:30 p.m. to dry the wash.  It takes an hour and so at 11:30 p.m. we are finally done.


Well, not done.  I have to get up early tomorrow to clean the house, pack the suitcases and tote bags, empty out the trunk of the car, go to my bank and get on the road.  But I know it will all be worth it in the end.


Williamsburg here we come.  It has been a hard road to get ready, but tomorrow expect a much better post with lots of pictures.  We are taking our laptop with us so I should be able to post as I go along.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good time and a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shew, what a busy day! Hope you all have a wonderful & safe trip

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.