Saturday, September 3, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS



I'm writing this about 1:00 a.m. so I guess I can truly say this is about yesterday (Friday).  Diane took off from work to go down the shore.  Rob took off for a long weekend.  So that left Jerry and me at work.  Because there was only two of us, we were not allowed to open the library.  So we both decided to take off too.  Woo hoo!  A four day weekend.  Very unexpected, but very nice.

Joe and I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so we ended up watching a movie before we got up.  (I know -- we're strange.)  We saw "The Conspirator", the story of Mary E. Surratt who was found guilty of conspiracy to kill Abraham Lincoln.  Joe and I both had always thought she was innocent and it was a witch hunt on the part of Secretary of State Stanton and this movie seemed to point to that also.  It was excellent, but sort of depressing to watch first thing in the morning.  I have three more movies out of the library, so we are planning to watch another one this morning.  If I ever get to bed that is.

I have been so tired I haven't done much of anything.  Watched a lot of TV though, trying to catch up on some of my shows.  Joe decided to take me out to lunch, and we went to Renzi's, the local pizza shop.  Neither of us had pizza though.  Joe had a California wrap and I had a hamburger and fries.  There were so many fries that I ended up bringing half of them home.  We saw some people we knew in there with their little boy.  No matter where we go we see people we know.  We are just so popular.  ;)  We went to Rite Aid and Wawa after we ate and saw people we knew there too.

I wanted to do so much and just couldn't.  It seems to take me at least a day to recover after working all week.  So today should be better.  That is if I ever get to bed and get some sleep.

One thing I want to do for sure today is cut and color my hair.  I will post before and after pics for you to see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really got a nice start to the holiday weekend! I can understand how tired you must be at the end of the week. You do have more work & more responsibilities with your promotion. The fact that you are mostly short staffed doesn't help.... Try to cut yourself a little slack. I'm not talking being lazy, just chill a little so that you'll have some 'you' for the next week.
    I LOVE that September poem! It does express it so well. I like winter for the snuggling, the clean look of the snow but do not care for the ice. It does make walking my 3 dogs an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax and enjoy it. I have to work MOnday but have the rest of the weekend off. I am not doing anything. You and Joe should do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.