Saturday, September 10, 2011

A BLAST FROM THE PAST

I had to do overtime today at the library I used to work at -- Northeast Regional.  

I worked there for 8 years before I got transferred to the Tacony Branch and from there to the Richmond Branch where I am now.

It was so great being back there, talking with all my friends, going out to lunch with one of them.  I thought for sure I would have forgotten a lot having not worked there for about 3 years, but it all came back to me.  I really miss being there.

While I was working Joe and our friend Carole went to the farm for our bi-weekly pickup.  Here's what we got this time.


     2 heads of lettuce (otherwise known as more lettuce than I know what to do with)
     1 head of escarole
     5 ears of corn
     3 onions
     15 blue plums
     1 lb. Niagra grapes
     2 lbs. yellow beans
     1 pint grape tomatoes
     1 dozen eggs
     1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese 
Doesn't this look nice and colorful?  Now we have to eat fast before we go away for the week.

One of Joe's favorite places near the Northeast Regional Branch is Mario Brothers.  And one of his favorite platters from there is the Penne Pasta.  This is penne made with grilled chicken, broccoli, tomatoes and cheese and comes with a salad and garlic bread.  They give you so much food that I buy one platter, Joe and I split it, and we both have plenty to eat.  I brought one of those home for dinner tonight and we ate good without me cooking.  It was a great treat.  I seldom get over that way anymore.

As of 5 p.m. this afternoon I am officially on vacation.  Whoo hoo!  It feels so good to know I don't have to go in for a week.  And in three days we will be leaving for Virginia.  Can't wait.  Be prepared for lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.