Monday, August 8, 2011

SPINNING WHEEL

My sister took a couple of pictures of me at the spinning wheel when we were at the New Jersey State Fair.  Please ignore the wet clothes and hair.  It was not my best shot.

In this first picture you can see the cotton actually being spun into thread,  My left hand is holding the raw cotton and my right hand has the thread coming out of it. If you click on the picture and enlarge it, you can see this better.


OK, I messed up and it got tangled a little bit.  But I think all in all I did a pretty good job for my first five minutes of spinning.


2 comments:

  1. Are you hooked?
    Looks like it would be fun to learn and do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am hooked. It was fun. But I think of those poor women who had to do it for hours to make clothing. I don't think it would be so fun then.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.