Monday, August 1, 2011

SISTERS' WEEK -- DAY 7 (SATURDAY)

On Saturday we went to one of my favorite places, Chester, NJ.  Chester is a little town with a Main Street like you wouldn't believe.  All little shops.  Antiques.  Crafts.  Ice cream.  Restaurants.  Old fashioned candy.  Nails.  Pet stores.  And much more.  You just wouldn't believe it.  I usually just go and enjoy myself, but this time I took my camera along to get some pictures of the place to show you.  If you click on the pictures, you can see a larger version of them.

Look at the huge beautiful pots of coleus they have along the edge of the sidewalks.



This is one of the woodworking stores.  I love the way he has the little red wagons stacked up.


Here is an iron cow in front of one of the antique stores, Pegasus.  We go into this store every time we are in Chester.  There are a lot of really wonderful things in there, but it is very crowded and hard to get around.  However, I have bought several things in there over the years.


This is the view down Main Street from in front of the fire house.  The cannon is part of a war memorial.


This building is the Publik House.  It is a restaurant now, but in Revolutionary War times it was an inn.  It has been in business for over 200 years.  I have never eaten there (it is very expensive) but I hope to someday.


Here I am standing by the clock in the town square.  It is a nice little park.


Another view of the town square.


And here is the war memorial.  The four pillars around the statute of the soldier are for the men and women who died in World War I, World War II, the Korean Conflict and the VietNam War.


This bear was sitting in front of a candy store.  So cute!


I really wanted to buy this cat riding a bike pinwheel but it was too expensive for me.  So I took a picture of it home instead.  The bicycle wheels turned and the whole thing spun in the wind.  If you look closely there is a little mouse in the bicycle's basket.


We ended up at our favorite store, which is a craft store.  It has handmade items by many different people.  Everything is unique.  I always find something to buy.  And I did -- a set of pumpkin salt and pepper shakers for my October table.

Then we were a little munchie, but didn't want to eat a lot because we were going home to eat dinner.  We went to Taylor's ice cream shop, but it was so crowded there was no place to sit and people were even standing outside eating ice cream!  So we walked over to Wendy's and had a bite there.

We went back to Elaine's house and had the leftovers from Jefferson Diner where we had eaten the night before.  Elaine had bought her dog Cody a doggie cigar made out of rope and he loved it.  Started chewing on it right away.




Tomorrow it's time to go home.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures in your blog!They are so beautiful some should be framed. I must confess that until I read the blog, I tought that cow was real! I agree with you about the cat on the bike. Adorable! At least you have the picture.... Great that Elaine got something for Cody. Every time I go out, my 3 greet me at the door with 'What'd you bring me?' expressions on their faces, checking each bag.Pepper (the cat) could care less.... It's still great being a furmom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.