Wednesday, August 31, 2011

GOODBYE TO SUMMER

Can you believe it is the end of August already?  Where does the time go?  I can't even remember August happening and here it is ending.  The end of August is always bittersweet to me.  It is like the ending of a beautiful day.


I love autumn, but I adore summer.  I come alive in the summer.  I love running out to the car without having to bundle up.  I love sitting on the beach and walking down to the water's edge, letting the waves wash over my feet and ankles.  I love eating outside, smelling the smoke from the barbeque.  But now all of that is coming to an end.  And the beauty of autumn is beginning.



Each season has its own beauty.  The joys of the summer will be replaced by the joys of autumn.  Even though autumn doesn't officially begin until September 21st I always feel like the end of August is the end of the summer.

So goodbye summer and hello autumn and September.  I am looking forward to seeing what you have in store for me.


(All three pictures were taken from my kitchen window while making dinner this evening.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.