Friday, August 5, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS

This was Donna's last day at work.  And of course it was really busy.  I guess she got a good send-off that way.  I kept telling her all day that I wished I was in her shoes.  I tell my co-workers all the time that I can't wait to retire.  There's so much of life to be lived when you don't have to work.

Diane got a call at work today from her sister who told her that the house two doors from her was on fire.  Her sister tried to get in to get Diane's two dogs out but was turned away.  Of course Diane was hysterical and boss Jerry asked me to drive her home immediately.  I did.  There were at least four fire engines there and it looked as if the whole block had been evacuated because everyone was standing out on the one corner.  The last I saw of Diane was her running down the block toward her house.  She did call later and say everything was okay.  There was some smoke and soot damage, but the insurance company was going to take care of everything.

Joe is still sick.  He has been sick for four days now.  So I did not go to the goodbye dinner for Donna.  I didn't mind because I am so tired and I have the 2 hour drive to my sister's again tomorrow and then the State Fair.  Too bad the fair couldn't be on the weekend I had vacation, but this is a nice end to my sister's vacation.

I'll have to post pictures of the fair when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. State Fair!!!
    I love State Fairs...can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.