Saturday, August 27, 2011

FARM DAY

Believe it or not we got to the farm before the storm hit.  It was really crowded, but everyone was very organized and things moved along really fast.  Here's what we got:


     2 cucumbers
     1 lb. concord grapes
     1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
     2 heads of garlic
     3 large golden peaches
     1 head boston lettuce
     1 bunch kale
     2 lbs. white eggplant
     1 piece smoky farmer cheese
     1 dozen eggs

I now have more cucumbers than I know what to do with.  I am going to have to go through the refrigerator and use things up this week.  It is getting so crowded I don't know what is in there anymore.

I also got a bunch of beautiful flowers.





We tried to get gas on the way home.  We fill the tank every farm day and it lasts 2 weeks (unless we go away or do some unusual driving).  Today we could not find a place to get the gas.  There were lines everywhere.  Oh, well.  It is going to be beautiful on Monday and I am not going anywhere this weekend so I will get the gas then.

We went to the deli to get lunchmeat and the line was unbelievably long.  It would have taken me over half an hour to wait.  So we went to Wawa and I got it there for twice the price.  But at least we have it.

Then we stopped at a couple of stores looking for size D batteries for Joe's radio.  But they were nowhere to be found.  You would think the world was ending!  While he was in the store, I sat in the car and took a couple of pictures of the threatening sky.



When we got home we finished putting things away and getting ready for Irene to hit.  Our yard looks very empty and at the moment that is a good thing.


Our outside furniture and trash and recycling cans are put together like a jigsaw puzzle.  Hopefully nothing will blow away.

At approximately 2 p.m. the rain started.  It was just a gentle rain at first, and now at 5 p.m. it is pretty steady and heavy.  However, there is no wind.  So far so good.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.