Sunday, August 21, 2011

ANOTHER RAINY SUNDAY




Google image of downtown Philadelphia in the rain

Yes, another rainy Sunday in Philadelphia.  I don't think I'll ever get another chance to post a Sunday garden with pictures entry.  But my garden is looking lush.  I just have to get out there and weed and cut back the roses.  There is always too much to do and not enough time.

I worked at the Regional Library again this week.  More overtime.  But we need the money to pay for the new car.  It wasn't bad.  As soon as the downpour and thunder and lightning started all the people disappeared.

I have one more Sunday to work and then I have a month off from overtime.  Good thing too because September is a very busy month.  Almost every day is full of stuff to do.

We had a guest speaker in church this morning.  Once a year the Bible Fellowship churches switch pastors.  So both of our pastors were away and Pastor Lou Protnicki from Maple Glen was our speaker.  He spoke on Hebrews 11 -- Faith's Hall of Fame, and tied it into the series we have been having in the book of Judges.  The key thought was:  Faith is believing that God is better than what life can give you and better than what death can take from you.  Faith is believing that God has something better for you.  If you can trust God to save you from hell and get you to heaven, then why can't you trust Him with the little things of life?  Faith allows flawed people to accomplish great things for God.  The message was fantastic.  Pastor Lou was so humble and put God in the forefront of everything he did and said.  It was getting later and I had to leave to get to work on time, but I couldn't go until I heard the end of the message.  Wish I could have stuck around to meet him and talk to him, but I just made it on time as it was.  It should be on our website on Wednesday, so I want to listen to it again.

I need to end this and get to bed.  Another week of work in front of me and two days without Diane to help out.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great message from your sermon this Sunday. I, too, enjoyed the sermon at our church this Sunday! We had not been to church in about 5 weeks I think!! Some missed Sundays were due to family outings and some were due to laziness and sleeping in!!! Well, we are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have our Rain because it's really sunny and warm around here.
    We finally reached 80 degrees!

    I think it's great that you can hear your Sunday service again. Yes, to bad you couldn't meet Pastor Protnicki.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.