Thursday, July 14, 2011

WHAT'S GOING ON?

I'm going to be pouring my heart out today.  This has been a sad time for me.  Things are hitting me harder than usual.  Besides Jerry's death, so many of my friends are going through really bad times.  I'm not going to share their problems with you for that is private, but several are hurting badly.  I have been told I have a tender heart and take other people's problems and internalize them.  Is this what I am doing?  And then today I was told by a co-worker that I am a cold, hard person.  What's with that?


I do not know when Joe's brother-in-law's funeral is going to be.  I know the autopsy was today.  Is it Saturday?  Monday?  I was told by my boss that if it is Monday I should consider not going because they will be short staffed and the library staying open comes first.  Besides, it's not like he's my blood family or anything.  I probably didn't even know him very well.  What's with that?

I have a strong feeling that God is going to be making major changes in my life.  I don't know what the change will be.  I'm just going to have to take the next step and see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss ... and for the rudeness of other people that you are experiencing.

    You are not a cold person if you keep your grief private ... for Pete's sake!

    As for your boss: most bosses do not allow for funeral leave unless the time off is for a spouse, a child, or a parent: otherwise employers expect you to work because people other than immediate family (a spouse, a child, or a parent) is not considered "a loss".

    You are in my prayers.

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val - the City of Philadelphia (who I work for) allows for one funeral day for aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, and in-laws. It's four days for parents or spouses. As if that's enough time to get a funeral together and grieve. But at least it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see you as 'cold nor hard'. You are very professional & perhaps that was mis-perceived.
    As for the funeral,I'm not sure. You need your job however...For me? It wouldn't matter whether I knew him or not. Does my husband want me there? THAT is my place. But that is me.
    As for keeping the branch open? That may be A priority but not your
    personal priority. Branches have closed for other reasons;let them
    choose to reassign someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough times...
    Don't let the people who you work with get in your way(how rude!). Just be yourself! We all deal with death differently. It could be bring up old memories.
    I hope you get to go to Jerry's funeral.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.