Sunday, July 3, 2011

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

It seems as if Sunday is the only day I have time to get out in the yard.  I did a lot more weeding and getting rid of ivy today.  There is still so much to do.  I'm overwhelmed.  But if I keep chipping away at it I know it will get done.


I have a lace cap hydrangea that is just starting to bloom.


When I planted it, it was a small stick.  Now it is a huge bush.  If I had known it would grow this big I would have planted it in another spot.  Now it is too big to move.


I got my impatience planted.  I think they look good with the solar lights.

I got my mini pink rosebush out from under the ivy today.  It is covered with buds and has one rose blooming.


And the red rose bush from last week is blooming away.

The tomatoes are getting bigger too.

As for the bouquet I bought yesterday, the lilies finally opened up.  They are beautiful!



1 comment:

  1. lace cap hydrangea.....what an interesting bush! I love it! I don't think I have seen one before.

    We have tried to grow hydrangea here but they demanded so much water and nearly died every year so I have them away. I really hated to do that since I do love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.