Wednesday, July 13, 2011

THE DEATH OF A GENTLEMAN

My husband Joe's brother-in-law Jerry passed away today.  He was a true gentleman in every sense of the word.  I liked him a lot.

Jerry was orphaned young in life.  He was fortunate enough to be brought up and educated at Girard College in Philadelphia.  This is a school started by millionaire Stephen Girard to board and educate underprivileged orphaned boys for grades 1-12.

After Jerry graduated he went on to Temple University and got a degree in secondary educationHe taught for many years and loved his job.  Just a year ago the Catholic high school he taught at closed and he decided to retire.

He had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks with heart problems and passed quietly this morning.  Everyone who knew him liked him.  We will all miss him.

Jerry (on the right) with his wife, Theresa (Joe's sister) and his son Jerry, Jr.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Give Joe my sympathy. When did you find out? I talked to you around 9 and you didn't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marion -- we found out around 10:30 last night. @Val -- thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss and for his wife and son too. Death is never a pleasant thing for anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.