Monday, July 18, 2011

SUNDAY NEWS



I just looked at the ticker at the top of this blog and saw there are only 5 days until I go on vacation with my sister.  Yikes!  I am not at all ready for this.

Joe spoke at church this morning on the death of his brother-in-law and how unexpected it was.  He said we need to always be ready.  We need to tell others of Christ's love for us and His sacrificial death.  We need to be "fans of Jesus" and let people think we are fanatics because that's what a fan is.  It was so good and so from the heart.  And so totally unexpected. He had no idea he was going to speak until he got there.

Then Pastor Justin is going through the book of Judges and his message from chapter 3 fit right in with what Joe had said.  It was amazing how God just brought the two things together.

We went to the viewing for my brother-in-law Jerry tonight.  We were nervous about going and prayed about it before we went in.  Everyone was very nice to us.  There were no angry words or hard feelings shown.  Everything went well.  God was so good to us.  Now we have to get through the funeral tomorrow.  After tonight I'm sure it will be fine. 

We hadn't eaten before we went to the viewing, so we stopped at our neighborhood Chinese take away on the way home and got Moo Goo Gai Pan and egg rolls.  I've been craving Chinese food for a couple of weeks, so this was good.

3 comments:

  1. It must have been a total God moment when Joe's speaking meshed with that of Pastor Justin. I've had similar when one of my daily scriptures is repeated later in another reading or on radio/tv. It reaches deep into my heart to affirm that God is with each of us every moment of every day.
    I am glad that all went well at the viewing. I was hoping that
    everyone would be civil. My condolences to Joe & family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no acccidents, just God's workings. Today, you witnessed it first hand.

    It sounds like your boss is letting you go to the funeral. Praise God!

    Peace be with you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the funeral goes well today. Stay out of the heat as much as you possibly can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.