Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'M OFFICIALLY PROMOTED

Today was the first official day of my promotion.  It was a strange feeling.  Besides that, my supervisor is on vacation and I was the acting supervisor.  I knew what I had to do.  I worked hard but there was so much to do that I couldn't finish.  Well, tomorrow is another day.

It was a strange sort of day.  Very busy.  Very noisy.  Lots of people.  Lots of people with lots of very strange problems.  Most of the problems were in their own heads.  Like people who couldn't understand that we're only open late on Tuesday and Thursday.  The man who tried to steal three baseball books because he pays his taxes and that means he owns them.  The lady who wouldn't use the computer until it was totally disinfected to her specifications and then asking me to report the guard because she didn't like his answer when she asked him for paper towels and alcohol.  It was as if they were saying, "Welcome to being the head Library Assistant, Kathy!"

If this is any indication of what I am going to go through for the next four years, it is going to be a strange and surreal experience.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.