Friday, June 17, 2011

INTERVIEW

What a day!  I left for the interview in plenty of time.  I got there at 9:20 (my appointment was 9:30) and there was no parking.  Not here, not there, not anywhere!  I drove around for 15 minutes and finally saw a guy pull out of a spot three blocks away.  I immediately pulled in, paid the parking kiosk (I couldn't figure out how to do it at first) and ran three blocks to the library.  The pleasures of driving in center city!


When I got to the building, they weren't open yet, so I had to walk another block to the back of the building and go in the employee entrance. Of course that took more time.  By the time I got to Human Resources I was 20 minutes late.  What a way to start an interview!

 Wish I could have parked here, but they are doing construction and all these parking spaces are gone!

I apologized for being late and everyone said it was OK.  They understood about parking.

The interview lasted a whole 10 minutes.  They asked me what my strengths were, how I would handle different problems, why I would make a good LA2.  At the end they asked if there was anything else I could tell them about myself.  I mentioned that I have an Associate's Degree in Library Science and that made an impression on them, especially when one of the interviewers knew my college professor.  I also told them I had helped to teach the new Sirsi computer system when it first came in.  The two interviewers wrote that down too.  And even though I was on the payroll for 15 years, I had volunteered for 4 years before that so I really have 19 years worth of experience.  "Oh, a volunteer!" one of them said and wrote that down too.

So all in all it went very well.  Hope this is a good sign that they liked me.  But where I want to be is not available and where they want to put me is in a bad neighborhood far, far from home.  Guess I will see what happens.  I can always turn it down.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you really impressed them. It's always reassuring when what we do (like volunteering) is appreciated & acknowledged.
    I will keep you in prayer for the Lord's will on this. I do feel it's
    a positive thing either way.
    Lottsa love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am glad that your interview went well. Now it is the waiting and trusting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.