Saturday, June 18, 2011

EASY PEACH COBBLER

I haven't posted a recipe in awhile so thought I'd give you one for my favorite dessert.  I got it off of cooks.com.  It is very easy.  I've made it a lot with various fruits and it has never let me down.  If you need a quick dessert, this is the recipe for you.

Picture from google images.


EASY PEACH COBBLER

1/4 c. butter
4 c. peeled and sliced peaches, nectarines or apples
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. plus 2/3 c. baking mix (Bisquick)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In 1-quart shallow casserole, combine peaches, sugar, 1 tablespoon baking mix and cinnamon. In medium bowl, mix remaining 2/3 cup baking mix with brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is size of small peas. Stir in milk until moistened; drop spoonfuls onto peaches. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.

2 comments:

  1. I bet this same recipe would work using the gluten free Bisquick. I think I will try it. thanks Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would work too. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.