Thursday, June 30, 2011

BUSY DAY

Today did not start well for me.  I overslept, rushed through getting ready for work, hit every red light, and then got stuck behind a trash truck.  My 10-15 minute commute turned into 30 minutes.  I was way late for work.

Then I was on the front desk first thing.  People coming at me from all directions.  I was not a happy camper and ended up in a really bad mood.  I hate being in a bad mood.  When I got off of the desk I called Joe and told him what had happened.  Just talking with him made me feel better.  And when he got me to laugh, the whole black cloud up and disappeared.  I am so grateful to God for putting Joe in my life.

Today was not only the end of the month, but the end of the fiscal year for the city.  I stuck to Donna all day and wrote down lots of information on how to do end of the month reports, deposits, etc.  The second half happens tomorrow with the first day of the month and fiscal year.  I have done all of this before, but it was a long time ago.  As she is doing things I am saying to myself, "Oh, that's right.  I remember that now."  But there are also things I have never done such as ordering deposit slips.  So it's all good.

I have to run.  I am making fried rice for dinner and the rice is done.  Don't want it to burn.  I'll check in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I've had days like that. I,too, am blessed with a wonderful husband who can banish the blues.
    What is amazing is that the longer we are together,the better we can 'read' each other. Though I must confess his patience is greater than mine. I am working on it!
    I am glad the rest of the day went better for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.