Friday, April 29, 2011

THE ROYAL WEDDING



I got up at 3 a.m. this morning to see the wedding of William and Kate.  It was so beautiful and so moving.  Her dress was lovely, her sister Pippa, the maid of honor, had a beautiful dress also, and the little bridesmaids were so cute.  It was great to see this historic event.  I remember watching the wedding of Charles and Diana and being just as excited.  Too bad the way that turned out.


I loved the music.  It was magnificent and I loved the hymns they chose for the congregation to sing.


What struck me most, though, was the homily.  It was so right on target.  If only people would realize that they are making vows not only to the person standing in front of them, but to Almighty God.  I was very impressed with the bishop.


Needless to say I had to take a nap later on this morning.  Good thing I had off from work today.  Now I have a seven day stretch to work before my next day off.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with the message about the vow before God. I ADORED her gownbut also the 'after' party dress. Both were so classically understated. I accept it must be a British thing, but the hats? Oh boy! I positively loved the Queen in her bright yellow!! It made me smile. I bet it made others smile too.
    Just found out Kate has a black cocker spaniel named Otto. Guess
    he's moving too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the wedding was fantastic! I loved when they drove out in the little car. It was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding was perfict. I still want to know if Princess Beatrice was trying to contact relatives in outer space with that hat. What wasw she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion, I agree. It was bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the tail end of the wedding when I woke up around 6:30 AM. I did get to see the replay of the vows though. I thought her gown was beautiful! So simple and classic. She is so pretty! I liked Pippa too...what a figure on that girl...geeze!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.