Sunday, April 3, 2011

NEWS FROM PHILLY AND JAPAN

I am sick again.  Really sick.  Nausea, runs and now feel like I am going to pass out.  I am also at work.  I forgot that this was my Sunday to work until I got a call at home.  I was half an hour late coming in, but I need the money so badly that I went in sick.  Another 2 1/2 hours to go.  Hope I can make it.

Here is some news from my friend Martha in Japan.  It is from an email she sent me entitled "3 weeks later".

Tomorrow (Monday) school is scheduled to begin again. Many students have left the area, and it will be challenging to get back into the routine of school life, for both staff and students. Pray for sensitivity to students' concerns and the right balance of academics and encouragement. To make up for lost time, every single holiday has been cancelled and another day added onto the end of the school year to complete the school year. Praying for stamina! It has been exciting to see the unity among Japanese believers and missionaries as they have come together to pool resources to collaborate in the recovery effort.

We continue to experience earthquakes, and it is a constant reminder that we are not in control, but God is. We were encouraged last week to use the earthquakes as a reminder to stop and reflect on that truth whenever we feel tremors. But I am actively praying that future earthquakes would not damage the nuclear reactors even further.

Please continue to pray for the people of Japan.  They have a long way to go, but God is doing wonderful things over there.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, I hope you are feeling at least a little better today.
    I just feel so bad for the people of Japan. Every morning I watch the Today show and I am just saddended every day about how grim their situation is. I am really worried about the amount of highly radioactive water that is flowing into the Pacific. It is so terrible. I am wondering how much worse it's going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I hope that you are much better today. Alan got the virus twice so I guess it is possible. Get well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't stopped praying for everyone in Japan. For strength & especially faith. Trust that God will see you through this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.