Wednesday, March 30, 2011

STILL SICK


I went to work today, but had to come home at lunch time.  In 3 1/2 hours I ran to the bathroom 3 times and threw up once.  So I had to take sick time I don't have, come home and lay down.  I have never had a virus last so long and I really don't know what to do about it.  I am taking the medicine the doctor gave me but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all.  Maybe if I didn't take it I would feel worse.  Maybe???

I need to feel better by tomorrow because we are having a special program at work and I am the one who takes all the pictures.  It is Animals with Bad Reputations.  The Academy of Natural Sciences is coming with a live animal traveling show.  I worked for the Academy for 7 years and loved my job.  Too bad I got laid off.  I am so looking forward to it.

Joe has a doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital tomorrow morning and I am to go with him.  I need to be better for that too.

Well, baby food, lots of liquids, rest and meds.  That's my plan for the rest of the evening.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have any crystal ginger? That's what I took to settle my nausia. Also have Joe get you Canada Dry Ginger ail and let it get a little flat before sipping it. There is real ginger in it and it helps settle your stomich. Also try some ginger in tea. I hope this helps you out. There realy isn't much more that you can do. Rice, cheese, and bananas are binding. Get lots of rest and GET BETTER! ( Alot of cuddleing with Joe and the cat helps too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ginger. Can't eat it anyway. Not allowed soda, even flat soda. I'm retching, but can't vomit because of the surgery. It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear you are so ill. This bug is really going around.
    Several guys at Russ's work were out with it. I really hope you feel
    better soon. I must say the picture you chose for your entry is sooo
    cute.....and appropiate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy, I am so sorry you are sick. I had that flu when it went around here and it was the absolute worst stuff I had ever had. I pray that you get over this quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, it's terrible to be sick!!! Hope you're doing better by now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.