Sunday, March 6, 2011

SPRINGTIME FLOWERS

Joe often buys me flowers.  When we went to the supermarket last week, he told me to pick out what I would like since the flowers from Valentine's Day were gone.  Here's what I got.

 It doesn't show up that well, but the carnations are light yellow.  I think they look good in my blue vase.

Yesterday I took a look at my yard.  I really have to get out there and start cleaning it up after the long winter.  I was really happy with what I saw out there.

The tulips are poking their leaves up through the ground.

 Here's the beginning of the hyacinths.  Can't wait till they bloom.

 The daffodils are the tallest.  You can see a little iris coming up too.

After the long snowy winter we've had this warms my heart.  A few more weeks and my yard will be alive with color.

3 comments:

  1. That Joe guy is a keeper. A man who gets you flowers is wonderful!
    It won't be long till we will see some color in our yard too. I love tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me intrigued...I'm going to go out and look under the tree where our daffodils grow. I want to see if there is any growth shooting up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherdecor, I love tulips also. They are my favorite spring flower.

    Bonnie, find any daffodils?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.