Saturday, March 19, 2011

BUSY DAY

Such a busy day today.  When I got to work I found out that I was the only Library Assistant there until 2 p.m. (again).  It worked out just as well as the last time I did that except that a lot of crazy (or should I say obnoxious) people showed up.  By the afternoon things had calmed down.

I got a paycheck again today.  I thought it would be direct deposited by now.  Not that I'm turning down any paychecks I receive you understand.    I called Human Resources and they said that usually an employee will receive two checks before the direct deposit starts.  I am to call them the Wednesday before my next payday to see if I am on the direct deposit list.

So I had to get to the bank before they closed to deposit my check.  Joe said he wanted to go with me, and he wanted to drive HIS car.  I told him too late, I'd already taken it over as mine.  Ha, ha, ha.  

Joe got his chance to drive.  We went to the drive through teller to save time.  Then we went to dinner at the Country Club Diner.  We have decided to make Friday our "date night".  For awhile the food at Country Club was really good.  Then it got to be really bad.  We stopped going for about a year.  A few weeks ago we had lunch there with some friends and found that the food was pretty good again.  The dinner we had tonight was fantastic.  Joe had London broil and I had broiled flounder with lemon butter.

After dinner we went food shopping.  We found that 8 p.m. on a Friday night is the perfect time to shop.  Our usual 2 hour visit was over in 45 minutes.  So nice to get in and out.

Tomorrow is the Men's Leadership Seminar at church.  Joe is planning on attending.  I am going to help out with cooking and serving lunch.  My friend, Dorothea, has planned the menu and was going to try to do the whole thing on her own.  So I switched Saturdays with Donna at work and am going over to help her.  (I was supposed to work this week and Donna next week.)  We are cooking roast beef with roasted potatoes and carrots and roast pork with scalloped potatoes and steamed brocolli.  Dorothea is making a pound cake and carrot cake and I am making a sugar-free apple cobbler.  I was going to make it tonight, but I am way too tired so I am going to get up early tomorrow and do it.

Speaking of that, I am going to get off of this and go to bed.  It's already past midnight.

2 comments:

  1. It takes a couple of weeks for direct deposit to go through. It's greate becuase you don't have to run all over and worry if your check comes on time from bad wether. It took me years to convince Rich to do it. Now he won't be with out it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but mine has been 6 weeks. I don't like running all over either. Hope it goes through by next payday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.