Monday, February 21, 2011

THIS AND THAT

I hope you all enjoyed my library stories.  I just felt that so much of this blog has been about my sickness that I wanted to add some humor to it.

I haven't had a chance to write in a couple of days so thought I'd catch up with some things.

On Friday my co-worker from Richmond Branch, Diane, called me at Fishtown and said she had gotten the results of her Library Assistant 2 test in the mail.  Last September we had both taken the promotional test along with 22 other people.  I knew a lot of the people taking the test because I had worked with them at various libraries.  I thought the test was OK, but a lot of the questions were confusing and I didn't think I did very well.  In fact, once I had finished the test I went back and started second guessing myself and changing answers.  Then I realized what I was doing so I stopped, handed in my answer sheet and left.  I would have ended up changing every answer on that page!  So anyway, Diane had gotten the #18 spot in rank.  I figured I was around #11 or #12.

The other Dianne I work with (from the Fishtown Branch) came back from lunch.  I asked her if she had gotten her mail.  She did, but didn't look at it.  So when she got home that night she emailed me.  She got #11 in rank.

Later that night my friend Carol called me and told me that another LA I know (Connie) got #2 and wanted to know what my rank was.

I know you all want to know what I got.  I had Joe open the envelope and call me at work.  I'm #5.  Number 5!  I had no idea I did that well.  I did not expect this at all.  Of course it may be another year before the city has enough money to promote anyone, but I got #5!  So we'll see what happens from here.

It was farm week this past Saturday.  The theme this week was "Slavic Sensations!"I thought last week was slim pickings, but this week was even more so.  We got  a head of Butterhead Lettuce (this is my favorite hydroponic lettuce), 2 lbs. of Mutsu Apples, 2 lbs. of Chioggia and Red Beets, a jar of White Sauerkraut with garlic, 1/2 lb. of Amish Swiss Cheese, 1/2 gallon of skim milk, and 1/2 lb. of Amish butter.  We were supposed to get some pierogies, but by the time we got there, there was none left.  So we were given 1 lb. of organic ground beef instead.  (We went shopping at the supermarket afterwards and got the pierogies there.)

We had a very good and very powerful message in church yesterday.  Pastor Justin spoke on Christ's temptation in the wilderness.  He emphasized that as believers temptation will come our way, but we are never alone for the Holy Spirit lives within us.  So good.  I wish everyone I know could have heard it.  It will be up on our website (www.MyWBFC.org) on Wednesday or Thursday if you want to hear it.

Yesterday for lunch I had my first hoagie since September.  It was so good!  We usually get hoagies after church for our Sunday lunch, but haven't been able to do it for months.  I am so happy I can eat again!

I have off from work today for President's Day.  It is so nice to have a weekday off and a three day weekend.  I invited our friends Carole and Walt over for dinner tonight so I have to get off of here and clean up some so there is a place for us to eat.  It's always nice to have friends visit.

4 comments:

  1. Big congrats on being #5!!! Always go with your first "gut" instinct
    when answering questions. I have found you retain more than you think.
    Glad you could enjoy the hoagie!
    Lottsa love,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your great test score! I hope you get a promotion soon!

    Yes, it is good to eat with friends. I am glad you were able to eat your sandwich after church. You must be doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job on your test! It makes you feel so good when you do well on something that you weren't sure about! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I forgot...I wanted to tell you how great your farm package sounds! I think it would be great to get all that yummy stuff and to try to figure out what to create with it! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.