Sunday, February 27, 2011

A BUSY WEEKEND

I feel like all I've done this weekend is eat!  Yesterday Joe and I celebrated me making it to 12 weeks after surgery.  Well, I will be on Monday.  Supposedly I am fully healed at this point.  I am still not able to eat a lot at one time and some raw foods do not agree with me, but for the most part I am doing really well.  So Joe took me to Applebee's for lunch.  I had three cheeseburger sliders, but was able to eat only 2 so my wonderful hubby ate the last one.  It was a big sacrifice for him.  (Ha, ha)  It was nice to go to a restaurant, but really expensive.  We will not be doing that a lot.

Since the restaurant is in the same shopping center as our supermarket, we went food shopping afterwards and were able to get all of our groceries for $45!  We didn't need a lot this week, but I was still shocked we did so well.  I guess cutting coupons is paying off.

Today our senior pastor gave the message.  He is semi-retired so he speaks only once a month.  He is not that much older than I am so when he gives illustrations I can relate well to them.  Pastor Justin is such a great speaker, but I really miss Pastor Wayne's messages.  We are doing the life of Christ for the first six months of this year.  This month's theme is "Significant Events" and today's topic was "Rejection at Nazareth."  When Jesus spoke in the synagogue in his own hometown people saw him as "little Jesus Joseph's boy" and did not take his words seriously.  Never looked at it that way before.  They were not able to hear His message, just what they wanted to hear and ended up driving Him out of town.  Maybe that is the case in many families (mine included).  People don't hear what we are saying because they are so familiar with us and expect us to behave and believe in certain ways.  A lot of food for thought.

After church we went out for lunch with our friends Bud and Karen.  We ended up going to IHOP.  Karen had never been there before.  It was crowded!  Really crowded.  We waited 15 minutes to get a table.  We waited 45 minutes for our meals.  When we left there was a line out the door to get in.  IHOP?  The food is OK but not that wonderful.

Joe has joined the Pocket Testament League.  He has been looking for a ministry but because of his many illnesses is finding it hard to find the right one.  He prayed a lot about this before he joined.  He has small gospels of John which he hands out.  He left the tip for the waitress in a gospel on the table and handed one to the cashier on the way out.  She was so happy and thanked him over and over for the book.  We are praying for these two people.

2 comments:

  1. Pocket Testament League is a great way to witness. I am so proud of Joe that he wants to be in some kind of ministry even though he has some health issues. Good for him!

    Congratulations on your 12 weeks! Sounds like you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.