Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ICE

 This may look like snow on my car, but it's really ice.
The street in the background is also solid ice.  Dangerous!


I had an appointment this morning with my surgeon.  It is my second post-op consultation and hopefully she would say I could return to work next week.  But God had other plans.  Joe and I got up this morning and had a surprise.  We knew we were going to get an ice storm, but everyone said it would be over by rush hour and everything would be a little slow, but OK to get around.  It wasn't.

I took my shower first and while Joe was in the tub I went outside to clean off my car.  I took one step and had to go back inside and get the shovel to clean off the pavement and steps which were a solid sheet of ice.  I promised Joe I would not do something that would hurt me, but it was very easy to move off of the sidewalk.  By the time he came downstairs the whole thing was done.  He cleaned it up a little and put ice melt down.  But when we went to clean off the car, the whole thing was encased in a sheet of ice.  We couldn't even open the door in order to get the ice scraper out of the front seat.

So I ended up calling the surgeon's office and telling the receptionist that I couldn't get there because of the ice.  She gave me the next available appointment which is February 1st.  I really didn't want to wait that long, but Joe says that gives me two more weeks to get well.

God knows what He is doing.  I was worried about going back because I know I'm really not able to do my job yet (I'm not even eating solid food yet -- still on a soft diet).  God knows best what is good for me.  There must be some reason I was not able to get to the doctor's today.  I just have to trust that this is what He wants because I sure didn't want the ice!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! It's Bonnie from What About Pie. Thank you for your email to me. I'm so sorry that my blog won't let you leave a comment! That really stinks. I had no idea something like that could even happen...so I am so glad that you emailed me. I'm glad to hear that we have a lot of the same interests! It's always nice to hear that. I just read your post for today...we had a lot of ice here too! Our driveway was definately a sheet of ice. Fortunately our car was melted before I had to go to work today! I will be spending some time on your blog over the next couple of days checking out your posts and leaving comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, thanks so much for checking out the blog and leaving a comment. Yours isn't the only blog I can't get onto. Some are so easy and others are just impossible. Hopefully I will figure it out. Thanks for your recipes. I have some written down and will be trying them out. Your Buttermilk Pie looks good. I make a Chess Pie and it seems to be a lot like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had ice here too yesterday. I almost called you because I was having a lot of pain with my hiatus hernia. I haven't had a problem with it since I stopped eating food with wheat flour. I am better today so I think a virus must have entered my stomach and caused the problem. I was in so much pain....it acted like a heart attack. I knew that it wasn't because I have had this in the past. I know a little about the pain you have experienced.

    Anyway, I am much better today, but weak as a cat!

    I am glad that you will have more time to heal from your surgery. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherdecor, so sorry to hear about your stomach problems and I can definitely sympathize and empathize. Call me anytime you want to talk. It sounds like you might have the virus Joe still has and I had. My sister called me today and she has it too. Must be going around. Hope you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.