Thursday, January 6, 2011

A LAZY DAY AND A BROKEN CAR

Don't know what has gotten into me, but I was very lazy today. Every time I got up to do something, I would feel so tired. I actually ended up sleeping most of the day even though I got a good night's sleep last night. I guess we all get these kind of days. Glad I was home and could just lay down and sleep. What happens when I go back to work?!

While I slept Joe took the car into the garage (again!). One day last week we started smelling oil burning when we drove. The warmer the engine got, the more we smelled the oil smell. Joe added oil and then added anti-freeze, both of which were down. The smell stopped and we thought it had been fixed, but since I needed an oil change anyway and I wasn't working and didn't need the car, we decided to get it checked out. It turned out besides an oil change we needed a new valve gasket. So it ended up costing a lot more than we anticipated. That's the way our life seems to go.

But God is good. Joe got a ride back home from the garage and then a ride back to the garage when it was done. It is very cold here, so I was so grateful he didn't have to stand on the corner waiting for 2 buses. And we had enough money to pay for the work that was done. Now we're ready for the snow coming tomorrow. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. That is the way it is after surgery. Your body needs more rest than it usually does. Also, two big MegaVitamins from Vitamin World put the wind under my wings.
    Glad you got your car fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about days that you just need to sleep even though you just had a good night's sleep. Every once in a while I will do that. I used to feel guilty about it, but recently I think I have come to understand that maybe my body needs the down time..and so I'm not going to feel guilty about it anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.