Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update

Here it is almost 4 a.m. and I still haven't been to sleep because lying down is painful.  I don't want to keep popping pain pills just to lay down.  So I have gotten on the web for the first time in several days.  I don't think I've missed much.  It is still uncomfortable to sit here for a long period of time and surf.

Even though the pain is still there and my stomach is a giant bruise, I feel a little better.  I know it will take time to get back to where I was.  Last night I had terrible nausea, but thank God that has passed for now.  I got some compazine from my family doctor today to help with that if it happens again.  I can NOT throw up or I will tear all my internal stitches.

I am living on baby food.  It is surprisingly better than when I had to eat it at age 12 for stomach problems.  Some of it is really good with some salt and pepper.  I had sweet potato and cinnamon bisque for lunch.  And I have turkey tetrazzini waiting for me later.  My friend, Debbie, brought me some jars and I think Joe cleared out the shelf at the store, so I am well stocked for the time I have to eat it.  The oatmeal this morning was rather tasty with butter and brown sugar.  I am not restricted on herbs/spices (except for garlic, onion, etc.), just some foods and nothing solid (not even chunky) for 6 weeks until the swelling of my throat and stomach goes down.

I have gotten some very pretty get well cards and nice emails.  Thank you everyone for your good thoughts, but especially for your prayers.  I know it was the prayers that got me through because it was VERY rough in the hospital.  Please keep praying.  I need it.

By the way, the doctors in the hospital would not let me take my allergy medicine.  Once I got home and started taking it, my fever left, my lungs cleared up, I stopped coughing and my sinus aren't stuffed up anymore.  I begged them for it, but they absolutely refused.  Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy.
    Doctors are an interesting group.
    I thought part of their oath stated
    'do no harm'.Can denying a person relief be considered "harm?"Maybe
    the med studies did not include
    common sense.
    It was great being with you yesterday & you look great.The Lord is blessing your recovery!
    We will continue praying for you & Joe.
    Lottsa love & Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they were trying to harm me. The nurses kept saying it would interfere with the pain medication. But, anyway, I am glad to have it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.