Monday, December 6, 2010

It Never Rains But...

Joe's father wasn't doing so well yesterday, so Joe took the car and went to see him in the hospital.  My sister is visiting me for a few days, and my friend from next door was over, so I had plenty of company while he was gone.  A couple of hours later I get a phone call from Joe that the car will not go over 35 mph and when he steps on the gas to make it go faster, the engine just revs, but nothing happens.  He said he would try to get home.  I told him to take it to the garage and my sister and I would come get him.

Then I called some friends of ours who own a used car lot and know a lot about cars thinking they could give Joe an idea of what was wrong.  They said to have him call them back from the hospital.  By the time I called the room, my dad-in-law said he had already left.  So my friends went out looking for him.

Next thing I know Joe is pulling up out front.  The car sounds terrible.  I called our friends and they went home.  Now this morning we have to see if it is something as simple as low transmission fluid or as complex as a whole new transmission.  Without my pay coming in we are very strapped for cash.  Don't know what we will do if we need a major repair.  More major prayer is needed.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Praise God that Joe arrived home safely!
    Meanwhile,stay strong in the Lord & know we will continue to pray for you & Joe.
    Lottsa love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely hope and pray that it is low oil pressure and just a can of oil will fix it. I am so thankful he got home okay. It is terribly windy here and it feels like it is in the 20's even though it is not. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.