Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm hungry

There's so much food in the house.  How can I be hungry all the time?  Well, let's see...  I can't eat any of the food we have.  Last night I made a pasta and red bell pepper dish for Joe to try to start using things up because the food is starting to go bad.  I had chicken and sweet potatoes baby food.  It felt so good to cook again, but hurt my incisions at the same time.  I guess I can't do it by myself every day.  But I want to get back into it.  I don't think Joe eats right when I don't cook.  He has a habit of making himself sandwiches instead of fresh fruit and veggies.

We watched the "I Love Lucy" Christmas special from 1956 yesterday.  I was almost 3 years old when it was first shown and Joe wouldn't be born for another 1 1/2 years.  But it was still funny.  We were laughing so hard.  Some humor is timeless and I really do love Lucy.  Thank you, Elaine, for leaving your DVD with us.  We are going to watch "The Honeymooners" today.  They really don't make good shows like that any more.

There is a Christmas Bazaar today at the farm where we go for our co-op.  If I feel up to it, I want to go for a little bit.  I want to start going out, seeing different things, being with people.  I guess that means I am feeling better because at the beginning I didn't want to see anyone or do anything.  I didn't turn on TV, didn't read, nothing.  It has not been 2 weeks yet since the surgery and everyone tells me I am doing so well.  If I go, I will try to take pictures.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I am finally catching up on your progress. So you are hungry? That is a good thing! I am so happy to read in each post that you are getting better and wanting to cook. That is a good sign.

    Your Christmas tree is amazing! It is beautiful! I know that you are enjoying sitting around the tree and watching the lights as you recover. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.