Monday, December 13, 2010

Home Alone

Joe has a doctor's appointment today.  He left at 12 noon.  His appointment is for 1 p.m., but he probably will be sent for blood work and have to get prescriptions so I don't expect him back until around 5 p.m.  It is the first time I have been left alone since my surgery.  That was 2 weeks ago today.  It seems so long ago and at the same time like it just happened.  I hardly ever get the chance to be alone in the house, so I am taking advantage of it.  I am going to get some gifts wrapped -- especially those for Joe.  Under the tree is going to get a little crowded.

It is cold today!  I have the little space heater stove going because I was freezing in the living room.  I am so glad my sister gave us this stove last Christmas.  It is keeping our fuel bill down quite a bit.

I had a scrambled egg for breakfast today and didn't puree it.  I just chewed really well and I had no problem with it.  It wasn't very good because I made it, not Joe, and I put too much pepper in it and overcooked it.  But not getting stomach pains or getting sick on it is a very good sign.  I want to start adding to my diet each week, so that is my food for the week.  Hurray!  I actually had to chew something!  But I will be very good the rest of the day and go back to my baby food so that I do not get sick.

I was reading my blog from last month earlier today.  I knew I was sick, but I didn't realize how very sick I was.  I guess I am glad I got the surgery done after all.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you were able to eat a scrambled egg this morning. That must lift your spirits a little.

    What a cute little heater! I didn't know they made such things.

    Thank you for your beautiful card. It came today.

    Get those gifts wrapped before Joe gets home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.